Thursday, September 1, 2011

Plans versus Reality

Plan:  Dig out the good old craft/office room so that I can get crafty with it. 

Reality:  Getting bogged down in the minutia of my stuff.  I lost a good few hours today just looking at, organizing and scanning genealogical bits and pieces. I have ever so much more to dig out than that.  Probably not a good use of my time.

Problem:  I have more sewing gear coming tomorrow - could not help myself says the future queen of the hoarders - hmmm...nope shock therapy is not motivating me.  Probably should not have wrote queen.  I always wanted to be a princess and queen trumps princess so I will need to work on a darker image to give it true shock value. In the meantime, I probably should turn off my Doc Martin marathon and play music instead. Maybe I'll get more done then.  Ugh.  I am such a procrastinator that it is not funny.  I read somewhere recently that anger is a good house cleaning tool.  Too bad my anger is generally very short lived or self directed and thereby not the productive type.  I do not know if I could fester up enough of the right anger to clean this whole room.  Grrrrrr.....aaaaahhhh....roar....nope.  Nothing.  Bummer. 

Future:  I promised my sister that I would have this space cleaned out so that we could have a craft day.  Gave myself until the 11th.  If I keep blowin' my time schedule like I did today there will not be enough space to set stuff down.   Hmmm....guilt.  That is the ticket.  I just need to embrace the guilt and I will get this space up and running in no time.   Strange what things motivate us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment