Sunday, September 4, 2011

Naked Serger No More

A few years back my husband bought me a lovely little used serger.  It's a White 834DW.  I love it.  It is my go to machine when I need a quick sewing fix.  One would think that if you had a go to machine that you would at least go to it and make it a cover if one did not have one for it. 
Poor little nekkid serger. 
So I finally decided today it was time.  So I grabbed my best pattern paper.  And my finest marking instrument - Sharpie in a divine purply-brown color. (Not shown but think rotting eggplant.)

Yes, that is a brown paper bag turned serger pattern.  







Then I dug through the stash and picked the two fabrics that called me to them.  And voila ... serger clothing.  I was too impatient to iron it so it's a bit catawhompus. 

No more nekkid serger = happy serger!
Parting thought:  Is it wrong to have a White sitting on a Singer?

No comments:

Post a Comment