Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fire Moon

After months of wondering if this would be the year without a summer it finally came roaring in.  For the past couple weeks we have had it hot!  (To clarify - hot by Portland, Oregon standards for September.) And with hot comes fire(s).  The smoke in the air makes the moon look like it is on fire.  So I dragged out my trusty yet under used Cannon EOS and tried to capture the beauty.  Here are my attempts.

The result of no patience. 

Hmm...still not enough patience.  Breathe...good things come to those who wait.

I waited...cool shot of the flag but that little dot does not represent my beautiful fire moon.

Taking it to the big bad boy to get a close up but uh..nope not even close to a fire moon.

Wrong direction on the exposure compensation setting. 

Maxed out on the decrease exposure.  So much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment